Published by IR
Date posted on October 14, 2011
Kymco Philippines would like to invite all KYMCO motorcycle and scooter owners for a day of fun and excitement at the 2011 KYMCO Cup on November 6 at the Kart Track in Boomland Pasay City.
This annual event, organized by KYMCO and InsideRACING and approved by the USRA, will be a celebration for all its past and present customers. The day will be full of exciting races, Best Dressed Bike Competition and Turtle Fun races exclusively for Kymco owners for both Scooters and Underbones. Trophies, cash and exciting prizes awaits the winners.
“We want to give something back to our new and loyal customers and to let them experience the fun and excitement of racing on a real racetrack under safe conditions. We believe that racing belongs inside the racetrack and not on the streets. This is also a celebration of the strong sales of the new Kymco products like the sport Super8, Visa and Like125,’ said Kymco Philippines’ Gilbert Limjoco.
The races that will run using the exciting IRCUP format and open to all Beginners and Novice riders only will consist of three classes:
1. Automatic A – For Super8/ Like/ Free LX- Up to 165cc 2V, Stock Carb
2. Automatic B – For Dink/ People/ Vivio- Up to 180cc 2V, Stock Carb
Only Beginners and Novice riders are allowed to join and the only modifications allowed are engine displacements, pipes, tires, wheels, and rear sets.
– Entry Fee is FREE, All Racers must be a USRA member and all Race entries will have insurance provided by KYMCO , MAXIMUM riders per class that will be accepted is eighteen (18) riders,
Winners of the races up to 6th place shall receive:
1st- P5,000 plus Trophy
2nd- P2,500 plus Trophy
3rd – P1,500 plus Trophy
4th – P1,000
5th-6th – P500
There will also be a Turtle Fun Races open or everybody where the slowest riders in the Scooter and Underbone classes will win prizes as follows:
1st- P1,500 plus Trophy
3rd – P 500
For Kymco owners who would like to show-off their masterpiece, an all KYMCO Best Dressed Bike Competition will also be held at the same time. The only requirement is that the motorcycle or scooter must be ridden to the venue. Entries shall be accepted until 1 PM and judging will start at 2PM. The winning scooter and Underbone will receive a Trophy and P2,000 cash
Registration is FREE for all the races, best dressed bike and turtle race competition participants as well as for the spectators. There is a limit of only 18 riders per race class as well as in the Turtle race. Registration starts at 8:00am on a first come first served basis.
The 2011 KYMCO CUP is organized by KYMCO and InsideRACING magazine and approved by USRA in partnership with MotorcyclePhilippines.com, Stoplight TV, and Motorsiklo Xklusibo Radio.
The event will not be possible without the support of Repsol Lubricants, Motoworld, Racing Boy, HJC helmets, Denso Sparkplugs,GS Battery and JM Mirasol.
For more information and detailed rules and regulations call (02)542-4272 to 73, 0999-6908238
GENERAL SPORTING REGULATIONS
– The classes racing in the 2011 Kymco Cup are the following:
1. Automatic A – (Novice/ Beginners ONLY)
– Super8/Like/FreeLX- Up to 165cc 2V, Stock Carb
2. Automatic B – (Novice/ Beginners ONLY)
– Dink/People/Vivio- Up to 180cc 2V, Stock Carb
– All riders must wear protective gears comprising of a certified helmet (no open face and no modular). Racing suit with body armor, riding boots and leather gloves is recommended but for Beginners, heavy pants, jacket with elbow and knee padding is minimum.
– Entry Fee is FREE
– All Racers must be a USRA member
– All Race entries must have insurance provided by the organizer
– MAXIMUM riders per class that will be accepted is eighteen (18) riders,
– No rider will be admitted to enter the race track in any session without proper registration/documentation and signing of event waiver.
1. RACE CATEGORIES
2. GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
– Motorcycles or scooters entered must be originally produced by Kymco Philippines Inc.
– Only those items mentioned in table above can be modified
– Motorcycles or scooters must have 75% of stock bodywork. Compliance shall be determined by the Kymco Cup Technical Chief. Leg shield may be shaved at the edge from the standard size only for cornering purposes. (Fiberglass replacement of same the shape is allowed. Expensive materials like carbon fiber or kevlar bodywork are not allowed).
– Fuel NO Restrictions