“The first units of Kawasaki ZX-10R 2021 in the Philippines has just arrived!Getting excited for California Superbikes School,” said Wheeltek’s VP for Sales and Marketing Mr. Roscoe Odulio, as he took delivery of the units today.
The ZX-10R is the street version of new Kawasaki ZX-10RR racebike revealed late last year. It is the bike it hopes will continue Jonathan Rea’s six year winning streak in WSBK competition.
The ZX-10R’s front end so far has been the most radical and controversial. It’s been developed for on-track performance. Despite lacking winglets that many of its rivals now have, there are aerodynamic surfaces hidden behind the panels either side of the headlights, creating 17% more downforce than the previous . The nose is claimed to reduce overall drag despite being less pointy than its predecessor, with a taller screen to let riders tuck in better.
Other detail changes are :
– new smaller headlights are now full-LED units that weigh 450g less than the old bike’s halogen lights.
– reshaped ram-air intake that’s actually smaller than before but just as effective as the old design in boosting the engine’s performance at speed.
– riding position is to improve both comfort and control.
– The taller screen gives better wind protection,
– bars are straighter and 10mm further forward than before to give more leverage.
– A steeper slant to the rider’s seat encourages a tucked-in riding position, as do 5mm higher footpegs.
– a new engine oil cooler.
– new exhaust, which includes revised header pipes, a repositioned catalytic converter, a smaller collector box and longer silencer.
– additional weight from 206kg to 207kg (wet) for both the R and RR.
– a larger rear sprocket – 41t instead of 39t – and shorter ratios for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for improve acceleration.
– swingarm pivot of the base ZX-10R is moved down by a 1 mmto improve corner exit performance.
– 8mm longer swingarm
– fork offset is increased by 2mm
– increase in wheelbase of 10mm – from 1440mm to 1450mm – to improve stability and move the bike’s weight distribution fractionally more over the front wheel.
– Showa BFF forks with softer springs, wider lower triple clamps and revised outer fork tubes.
– Showa BFRC Rear shock is with stiffer spring and softer compression and rebound damping.
– cruise control system
– 4.3in TFT dash that allows two display modes and can tie to your smartphone via Bluetooth to transmit vehicle and riding log information to Kawasaki’s Rideology app, as well as displaying call and mail notifications on the dash.
Peak power and torque figures have yet to be officially announced, but power is expected to be unchanged at 203PS (149.3kW) for the ZX-10R, achieved at a slightly lower 13,200rpm instead of the previous 13,500rpm.
The 2021 Ninja ZX-10R Supersport is priced at P952,000
You may visit or contact their showrooms: Kawasaki Makati – 0939-9662137 Kawasaki Nueva Ecija – 0905-315-1223, 0942-566-7413 Kawasaki Cavite – 09057716783 Kawasaki Pangasinan – 09195585000 Kawasaki Davao – 09427428754 , 09163602342 Kawasaki Cainta – 09566974079 Kawasaki Ilocos Sur – 09566974079 Kawasaki Calamba – 0947-546-7722
Thank you for visiting insideracing.com.ph.While you are here, kindly don’t forget to click on our advertisers, visit their site and consider them for your motorcycling needs. It will help us a lot.
You can also order a copy of our monthly print magazine for more riding contents to read and enjoy at your leisure anytime by clicking here.
You may also express your thought below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Instagram @Insideracingnation or subscribe to our YouTube channel.