SAVE KIDS LIVES!
Published by insideracingadmin
Date posted on May 20, 2015
In a Resolution dated May 10, 2010, the UN General Assembly proclaimed the period of 2011-2020 as the Decade of Action for Road Safety (DARS). This is the UN’s answer to the issue on global road death and injury, which has become a major health problem with a broad range of social and economic consequences, and if unaddressed, may affect the sustainable development of countries and hinder progress towards the Millenium Development Goals.
This May 2015, DARS will celebrate its 5th Year Anniversary with the theme “ Save Kids Lives”. At the same time the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC), will stage a nationwide activity this May that will gather 15,000 motorcycle riders at three different locations who will:
– Highlight the plight of our children in the road
– Generate actionto better ensure tehri safety;
– Raise awareness on raod dafety
– Invite road safety policy makers, advocates and road users to “sign It”, “Show It” and “ Deliver it”
– And set/break 5 Guiness World Records
For more information contact The Pink Tie Management, Inc. at 09175052235/02-5867580.