Published by insideracingadmin
Date posted on December 7, 2014
In celebration of its 40th Anniversary, Wheeltek Nationwide Corporation, one of the leading motorcycle dealer network in the country with over one hundred stores, will organize its first ever WHEELTEK TRACKDAY for bikes 250cc and above at Clark International Speedway on Dec 14, an event created to give the its customers and guests riders of big bikes a chance to ride on a race track.
It is OPEN TO ALL RIDERS and OPEN TO ALL BRANDS (250cc and above).
Organized in partnership with InsideRACING and Maximum TORQUE magazine, the WHEELTEK Track Day is designed to promote safety among the speed-inclined riders as it will let them lap the permanent race track with complete safety support.
RACE ON THE TRACK AND NOT ON THE STREETS! Wheeltek and InsideRACING’s mission for this event is to discourage aggressive riding on public roads and illegal racing. We strongly believe that speed belongs inside a racetrack.
THIS IS NOT A RACE- Thetrack day is an organized event where people can ride their motorcycles on a racetrack. It is open to all riders of all bikes and sizes. A rider arrives, registers, pay a minimal fee, pass a motorcycle and safety gears inspection, attend a Safety Briefing and then given lapping sessions on the racetrack.
The event will have track marshals, two ambulances, medics and a certified medical doctor on site, as well as an inspection of the motorcycle and safety gears. There will be also Minimum Safety requirements for both rider gear and machine which will be inspected before going out on track. It is definitely much safer than racing on the streets.
The riders will also be grouped according to riding skills and bike type and will have equal multiple sessions during the day with enough rest periods between sessions. Each rider group will have six (6) twenty (20) minute sessions during the day
Other attractions include test rides of Kawasaki and Suzuki bikes. Tents will be provided for participants and there will be free water and snacks.
For more information and details regarding the minimum safety gear and machine requirements, please got to www.insideracing.com.ph or visit our facebook page at InsideRACINGMagazineOfficialPage or you can contact 6553212.
Group 1 250cc- 400ss & adventure bikes All skill levels
Group 2 400cc-800cc Newbie
Group 3 400cc-800cc Experienced
Group 4 800cc above All skill levels
REGISTRATION FEE : P1,500* WHEELTEK CUSTOMERS: FREE
(*The normal Track Fee is p2,500/day without medical and marshal support)
Tents will be provided free to use, howvwer riders who opt to rent a paddock may arrange directly with CIS management.
Registration starts at 7:A.M. and slots will be available on a ”first come, first served” basis
MINIMUM SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Rider Safety Requirements:*
1. All Groups: Minimum DOT/ECE Certified Full-Face Helmet with shield (Half face, modular or “flip-up” types are NOT ALLOWED)
2. All Groups: Heavy Riding Gloves (Leather preferred)
3. Groups 1 and 2 : Heavy riding pants with complete armor padding (shin/knee/hips),
heavy long-sleeved riding jacket with padding and at least ankle-high riding boots.
4. Groups 3 & 4: Leather Riding Jacket & Pants or Suit with Back Protector, Racing Boots and Leather Gloves
Minimum Machine Safety Requirements:* (All groups)
1. In general, all bikes must be well-maintained, fully functional and CLEAN.
2. Throttle return operation must be fully functional.
3. ALL fasteners must be TIGHTENED.
4. Absolutely NO fluid leaks.
5. Tires must be safe and with useable tread.
6. Brakes must be functional with enough pad material and no cable slack
or hydraulic leaks.
7. Side mirrors must be removed
8. Headlights, turn signals, and tail lamps must be taped or removed.
9. Levers must have ball-ends.
* Marshals will inspect and DENY ENTRY to the track if these requirements are not met.