Kymco has previewed its updated flagship model yesterday at the 2021 EICMA motorshow.
The 2022 AK550 Sport Touring is a new version of KYMCO’s popular maxiscooter designed for those who want to travel long distances in comfort and luxury.
It features many cosmetic and functional upgrades from the current model.
– new profile of the shield and higher and electrically adjustable windscreen thatcan be controlled from the handlebar
– Engine us still a horizontal twin-cylinder engine of 550 cc and 8 valves, capable of developing 51 HP at 7,500 rpm. and 51.9 Nm at 5,750 rpm but the final transmission adopts a new belt, designed to reduce noise and maintenance.
– The throttle is equipped with the ETS control system, Electronic Throttle System, also known as Ride by Wire, which is now used to manage the new TCS traction control, which debuts on the AK 550 ST together with cruise control.
– The chassis is an aluminum frame to which the engine is centrally fixed and to which a 41 mm double plate hydraulic telescopic fork and an aluminum single-sided swingarm are connected to the rear.
– The instrumentation has a higher brightness and definition. The border of the dials changes color according to the selected drive mode. The central circular display houses the Kymco Noodoe navigation and entertainment system that allows the rider to connect to a smartphone for Turn by Turn navigation.
– The command bridge has also been updated, the key blocks on the handlebars have been redesigned to control the new functions. The starting is always with smart key but the starter button disappears replaced by a central ignition button that automatically unlocks the electric steering lock.
– The old options provided by the knob selector are replaced by separate buttons present in the back shield. Heated grips are standard equipment.
We are excited when this will be available here in the Philippines.
Thank you for visiting insideracing.com.ph.While you are here, kindly don’t forget to click on our advertisers ads above, visit their site and consider them for your motorcycling needs. It will help us a lot.
You can also order a copy of our monthly print magazine for more riding contents to read and enjoy at your leisure anytime by clicking here.
You may also express your thought below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Instagram @Insideracingnation or subscribe to our YouTube channel.