BMW G 310 GS now comes in 40th Anniversary Edition
Date posted on April 25, 2021
The smallest BMW adventure motorcycle you can buy now comes with more BMW appeal than ever, having been bestowed with the 40th GS Anniversary model no less.
In a virtual product launch last Saturday April 24, BMW Motorrad Philippines and SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. introduced a total of six variants of the 40the GS Anniversary editions from the R1250 G/S Adventure all the way down to the G 310 G/S.
The GS is BMW Motorrad’s strongest brand image having created a new motorcycle segment way back in 1980 with the introduction of its first BMW R80 G/S. It was a motorcycle that claimed the “all road ” or ” Gelande Strasse” in German.
It was the first big bore motorcycle that claimed to be able to traverse any terrain, including hard core off-road, a type of terrain that was previously reserved only to lightweight dual sports bikes. Yet, at the same time the G/S had the smoothness, comfort and payload capacity for long range touring rides, even with a pillon.
It has also proven its epic capability and performance by winning the famed Paris-Dakar Rally many times. The GS has also been the bike if choice for many pioneering “around-the-world” expedition riders, before becoming a global bike celebrity after the famous “Long Way Down” ride documentary.
Through the years, BMW engineers continued to finetune the GS in terms of engineering, performance, efficiency, capability and comfort while managing the weight. The famed boxer engine has also grown in displacement up to 1250cc in its latest iteration.
No matter how big or heavy the G/S is, its ease of handling, real world capability and comfort created many loyal fans around the world. What started as a niche product, the G/S success created a big market segment of its own and forced other brands to create a G/S of their own. Models like the Multistrada, Africa Twin, Super Tenere, V-Strom, Caponard, Versys, Super Adventure and Tiger owe their existence to the original G/S.
Meanwhile, in order to cater to a even larger market, BMW has gradually introduced smaller displacement variants that caters to different levels of riding skills,power requirement, handling capability, and price. From 650cc singles to 800cc G/S twin middleweight, and later, a smaller 310cc single and a bigger 850cc twin were added. Around 1.2 million G/S units were sold by BMW Motorrad.
The BMW G 310 GS was introduced in 2017 to attract younger and smaller riders into the G/S lifestyle. It was also a great and affordable entry to the BMW brand. We believe many bought it for the panache of owning a BMW.
Despite it not satisfying the unique “400cc expressway legal” requirement and premium pricing in its displacement category, it sold relatively well. It is ideal for everday commute and weekend adventuring because it is light, economical and easy to ride. Its size and weight are also ideal for most Filipino riders. And now, it is even more attractive in the 40th GS Anniversary variant.
The other 40th G/S Annibersary models are the R1200 GS Adventure, R1200 GS, F850 GS, F750 GS and TnineT Urban GS.
Meanwhile, SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. President Mr. Spencer Yu, belives that the middleweight F750 GS and F850 GS has a lot of potential in our market since it is not as heavy and as big as the boxer twins, ideal for more technical riding and smaller riders. The lower price compared to the R1200 GS is also very attractive. He is inviting all BMW fans to check out the bikes and schedule for a test ride in all of its dealership nationwide.
BMW Press Release:
LIMITED EDITION 40 YEARS OF GS MODELS
40-year anniversary celebration to the decades long success story of the BMW Motorrad GS. SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp, the official distributor of BMW automobiles and motorcycles in the Philippines, is excited to announce the launch of a new variant of several successful BMW Motorrad models, created in the spirit of the BMW GS.
Six motorcycle models in Motorrad’s lineup in the Philippines will be adopting the 40 Years GS limited edition specifications – the BMW G 310 GS, F 750 GS, F 850 GS, RnineT Urban GS, R 1250 GS, and the R 1250 GS Adventure.
Available for only the current year of 2021, all 40 Years GS motorcycles will be limited in number and are available until supplies last. Each 40 Years GS limited edition motorcycle comes with a unique design that pays homage to the pioneer of the enduro motorcycle segment, the BMW R 100 GS; a success story that started in 1980 with the original R 80 G/S. Refined and improved upon decades after, the BMW GS models became the perfect synonym for the perfect partner on two wheels to explore even the most remote corners of our planet. To date, BMW Motorrad has been able to hand over more than 1.2 million BMW GS models to customers.
Aside from a unique aesthetic, each 40 Years GS motorcycle gets a wider range of standard equipment meant to increase riding pleasure and safety.
1. BMW G 310 GS – Php 320,000 • BMW Motorrad ABS • Ride by wire technology • Adjustable brake and clutch levers • LED headlight and indicators • Stainless steel exhaust • Luggage rack as standard
2. BMW F 750 GS – Php 855,000 • BMW Motorrad ABS Pro • Dynamic Traction Control with MSR • LED Headlight and Indicators with Daytime Running Light • Adjustable brake and clutch levers • 12V and USB power socket • Connectivity including 6.5-inch full-color TFT display • Riding Modes Pro (Dynamic/Enduro) • 12 V and USB Power socket • Gear Shift Assistant Pro • Keyless Ride • RDC (Tire Pressure Control)
3. BMW F 850 GS – Php 975,000 • BMW Motorrad ABS Pro • Gold wheels • Dynamic Traction Control with MSR • LED Headlight and Indicators with Daytime Running Light • Adjustable brake and clutch levers • Connectivity including 6.5-inch full-color TFT display • Riding Modes Pro (Dynamic/Enduro) • Gear Shift Assistant Pro • Keyless Ride • RDC (Tire Pressure Control)
4. BMW RnineT Urban GS – Php 1,275,000 • Option 719 Cylinder Head Covers • Gold wheels • BMW Motorrad ABS • Speed indicator with on-board computer • LED Headlight with Daytime Running Light • ASC • USB Charging Socket • Riding Modes Pro (incl. Riding Mode Dirt) • Cruise control • Heated grips • Off-road tires
5. BMW R 1250 GS – Php 1,645,000 • Black and Yellow Option 719 Cylinder Head Covers• Gold wheels • Gear Shift Assistant Pro • Full LED Headlight with Adaptive Cornering Function and Cruising Light • DTC (Dynamic Stability Control) with DBC (Dynamic Brake Control) and MSR • HSC (Hill Start Control) Pro • Keyless Ride • Heated Grips • Short, sport windscreen in yellow • Gold handlebars Gear Shift Assistant Pro Dynamic ESA with automatic load leveling and damping • Riding Modes Pro (Dynamic, Dynamic Pro, Enduro, Enduro Pro) • Riding mode pre-selection (individualization of riding modes
6. BMW R 1250 GS Adventure – Php 1,795,000 • Black and Yellow Option 719 Cylinder Head Covers • Gold handlebars • Gold wheels • Full LED Headlight with Adaptive Cornering Function and Cruising Light • DTC (Dynamic Stability Control) with DBC (Dynamic Brake Control) and MSR • HSC (Hill Start Control) Pro • Keyless Ride • Heated Grips • Gear Shift Assistant Pro • Dynamic ESA with automatic load leveling and damping • Riding Modes Pro (Dynamic, Dynamic Pro, Enduro, Enduro Pro) • Riding mode pre-selection (individualization of riding modes
All of the above 40 Years GS variants are available at all BMW Motorrad dealerships nationwide and will come with a class-leading 5-year or 500,000-kilometer BMW Warranty.
BMW Motorrad Dealers in the Philippines: • Autowelt BMW Motorrad, Mandaue City, Cebu • BMW Motobahn Davao, Davao City • Motor Ace BMW, Daang-Hari, Cavite City • Pampanga Premier BMW Motorrad, San Fernando, Pampanga • RSA Motors BMW, Libis, Quezon City
Source: SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. & BMW Motorrad Philippines
Thank you for visiting insideracing.com.ph.While you are here, kindly don’t forget to click on our advertisers, visit their site and consider them for your motorcycling needs. It will help us a lot.
You can also order a copy of our monthly print magazine for more riding contents to read and enjoy at your leisure anytime by clicking here.
You may also express your thought below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Instagram @Insideracingnation or subscribe to our YouTube channel.